Retail Security Practice Overview
The retail sector is one of the beneficiaries of the internet boom. Commerce over the internet contributes over $5 Trillion per year to the GDP of the United States. E-commerce helped to level the playing field for small to midsize businesses by streamlining business operations and delivering products and services in record time and in new and innovated ways.
The rise of data-driven technologies within the retail sector have sped-up digital transformation processes across most forms of digital payment acceptance. These rapid changes mean that there are expanding attack surfaces and new emerging threats against retail assets and environments. .
Below are some critical cybersecurity challenges impacting the retail sector, which GoldSky Security experts help to mitigate:
- The demands from regulatory compliance requirements (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.)
- Ever-increasing DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services) attacks
- Malware and ransomware attacks
- Phishing and social engineering threats
- Inadequate data protection measures
- Third party risks (e.g., vendors, suppliers and contractors)
Social-engineering based attacks, including phishing and spoofing, are some of the most common cyberattacks targeting the retail sector. These are often accompanied by other threats, such as ransomware, DDoS, third party vulnerabilities, etc. Therefore, employees within the retail sector must be trained to recognize and respond appropriately to many types of security incidents, as they are the first line of defense.
The retail security experts at GoldSky Security leverage an approach to combating these common retail security challenges by strengthening both technical defenses and employee education.
Our tailored security solutions within the retail sector include:
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- IT Security and Regulatory Compliance Management
- Phishing Simulation Services
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Chief Security Officer as a Service (CSOaaS)
Why Choose Us
GoldSky Security is committed to empowering organizations in the identification of and prevention of threats to and vulnerabilities within their IT computing environment and provision of targeted resources required to maintain IT governance and compliance mandates.
Our 30+ years of combined experience and proven track record of implementing global security standards and best practices have helped to mitigate threats and control risks associated with cyber-attacks for hundreds of businesses. GoldSky offers tailored services to our global clients:
- Building Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework: We assist retailers in implementing globally-enforced standards and guidelines, including PCI-DSS, GDPR, NIST CSF, etc. Our processes include
- Development of data security policies and procedures
- Risk assessments
- Incident response planning
- Disaster recovery
- Comprehensive Security Posturing: At GoldSky Security, we take pride in providing proactive security solutions for our clients, for cost-effectiveness and scalability.
- High-End Security: Our cybersecurity experts can develop and implement secure architectures that prevent data compromises and/or breaches. They conduct vulnerability and risk assessments that mimic an attacker’s perspective to find and fix potentially fatal vulnerabilities.
- Effective Security Awareness Training: Educating your employees on cybersecurity and data privacy is more crucial than ever before. Properly handling your critical data including Intellectual Property (IP), Cardholder Data (CHD), or one of the many privacy data types.. We provide practical and engaging simulation-based training for employees to help identify and prevent most forms of cyberattacks.