Dan Fritsche, CISSPSenior Cyber Security Consultant
- University of Colorado – BA Psychology
- Denver Seminary – MA Counseling
areas of concentration
- Regulatory Compliance
- (PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST)
- Application Security
- InfoSec Policy & Procedure Dev.
- Cloud & Mobile Security
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Emerging Technologies
- IT Leadership & Mentoring
- Data Encryption
- Cloud Architecture
- Network & Firewall / VOIP
- Multifactor Authentication
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Penetration Testing
- CISSP- Certified Information Systems Security Professional since 2004
- PCI SSC Certs held: QSA and PA-QSA 10 years, P2PE QSA/PA-QSA 6 years, 3DS 3 years, ISA 1 year
Dan serves as the Mountain Region Practice Director and Principal Security Consultant for GoldSky Security. His technology, security and compliance expertise spans over 20 years of success leveraging innovative security technologies in the design and operation of secure application development. Dan is described by his peers as the one who can see the bigger picture when navigating complicated applications and systems and how to best secure and apply relevant compliance standards.
Previously, Dan spent a year at Global Payments focused on security innovation: driving security and compliance involvement into application development as early in the product lifecycle as possible.
Before this, Dan had over 19 years of experience developing and consulting in application and network security architecture. In his role at Coalfire, he lead a team that is responsible for translating requirements created by IT risk and compliance mandates into business-centric cyber solutions strategies. He is adept at demonstrating emerging technology solutions and architecture with company alignment to improve both business bottom line and security posture.
Some of Dan’s major accomplishments included:
- Built an application security practice from the ground up that become the largest PA-DSS provider in the world.
- Managed teams in sales supporting sales of up to $80M and delivery teams of $60M.
- Coordinated with all major acquiring banks to help provide input that helped directly shape PCI P2PE (Point-to-Point Encryption) standards.
- Speaker on multiple technical topics in many conferences including PCI Community Meetings, Master Card, Verifone, FSISAC (Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis) ETA, MAC, Microfocus/HP, and multiple Client user conferences.
- Provided expert testimony for a multinational conglomerate corporation, specific to application security.
Dan’s combined enterprise technology, security, and compliance experience have made him an invaluable resource to the small-midsize businesses that GoldSky Security exists to serve.