John RodriguezFederal Practice Director, Principal Security Architect
areas of expertise
- Regulatory Compliance (NIST, FISMA, SOX, FINRA, ISO, ITIL, PCI-DSS, SSAE 18, CFR49 100-177)
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Cloud & Platform Engineering
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Business Continuity Planning
- Incident Response
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Network & Application Security
- IT Leadership & Mentoring Incident Response
- University of Virgin Islands – Computer Information Systems
- US Army College of Logistic Mgmt. – Defense HAZMAT Compliance
John serves as the Federal Practice Director and Principal Security Architect for GoldSky Security. He is a highly accomplished information technology executive with over 20 years of experience optimizing and securing data center operations, business intelligence, call center architecture, IT process engineering, vendor management, budgeting and operational strategy with a strong emphasis on IT Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Prior to joining GoldSky, John served as Director of Technology Infrastructure & Operations at CNL Financial Group. He was responsible for leading a team that supported and maintained the IT infrastructure, disaster recovery, business continuity, and incident response command operations while ensuring the stability, security, compliance and continuous operation of CNL’s critical systems safeguarding $29B in assets.
Prior to CNL, John served as a System Engineer and Security Analyst at DynCorp International where he served as a key member of the IT Security team responsible for the US Department of State’s international operations.
Technical Skills / Certifications
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Network & Application Operations
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS Development
- MS Azure
- Informatica, SAP, SQLMS
- System Administration
- CCNP – CSCO 11384720
- CCNA – Voice
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified Wireless Engineer
- Qualys Guard Certified Professional
Some of John’s major accomplishments include:
- Lowering Disaster Recovery Response times from 8 hours to 1.
- Redesigning CNL’s network infrastructure to introduce secure, compliant and efficient technology.
- Spearheading the nationwide overhaul of leading hospitality company’s call center structure, gaining $30M in gross revenues.
- Saving $1.4M in technology expenses within 12 months of integrating a secure, compliant and efficient technical architecture.
- Sustaining a 99.999% uptime through capacity planning & virtualization while maintaining a secure and compliant nationwide 7x24x365 environment.
John is a US Army veteran. He is revered by his peers as an expert in designing and ensuring the security, compliance and accuracy for cloud architectures, server technologies and communication technologies. The passion and experience he brings to GoldSky Security’s public and private sector clients is invaluable.
By: Ron Frechette, The Cyber Coach The twists continue to turn for Federal DoD Prime and Sub-Contractors related to the latest update on the adoption of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program. On September 29, 2020, the Defense Acquisitions Regulation System, DoD issued an Interim Rule that appears to be serving as a bridge
Alert Logic, the industry’s premier SaaS-enabled Managed Detection Response (MDR) provider, collaborates with GoldSky Security to offer world-class cybersecurity solutions to SMBs. This collaboration delivers a comprehensive security solution for SMBs’ seeking to approach risks, threats, and vulnerabilities using an all-in-one approach. This multi-utility solution is a win-win for SMBs, as it helps to reduce
By: Ron Frechette, The Cyber Coach The State of Florida took a major step to provide Florida business owners with the most updated information on the urgent need to recognize and respond to the ever-increasing cyber breach threats. The second annual Florida Cybersecurity Forum 2020 was held September 16-17. The theme of the Forum was