John RodriguezFederal Practice Director, Principal Security Architect
areas of expertise
- Regulatory Compliance (NIST, FISMA, SOX, FINRA, ISO, ITIL, PCI-DSS, SSAE 18, CFR49 100-177)
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Cloud & Platform Engineering
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Business Continuity Planning
- Incident Response
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Network & Application Security
- IT Leadership & Mentoring Incident Response
- University of Virgin Islands – Computer Information Systems
- US Army College of Logistic Mgmt. – Defense HAZMAT Compliance
John serves as the Federal Practice Director and Principal Security Architect for GoldSky Security. He is a highly accomplished information technology executive with over 20 years of experience optimizing and securing data center operations, business intelligence, call center architecture, IT process engineering, vendor management, budgeting and operational strategy with a strong emphasis on IT Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Prior to joining GoldSky, John served as Director of Technology Infrastructure & Operations at CNL Financial Group. He was responsible for leading a team that supported and maintained the IT infrastructure, disaster recovery, business continuity, and incident response command operations while ensuring the stability, security, compliance and continuous operation of CNL’s critical systems safeguarding $29B in assets.
Prior to CNL, John served as a System Engineer and Security Analyst at DynCorp International where he served as a key member of the IT Security team responsible for the US Department of State’s international operations.
Technical Skills / Certifications
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Network & Application Operations
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS Development
- MS Azure
- Informatica, SAP, SQLMS
- System Administration
- CCNP – CSCO 11384720
- CCNA – Voice
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified Wireless Engineer
- Qualys Guard Certified Professional
Some of John’s major accomplishments include:
- Lowering Disaster Recovery Response times from 8 hours to 1.
- Redesigning CNL’s network infrastructure to introduce secure, compliant and efficient technology.
- Spearheading the nationwide overhaul of leading hospitality company’s call center structure, gaining $30M in gross revenues.
- Saving $1.4M in technology expenses within 12 months of integrating a secure, compliant and efficient technical architecture.
- Sustaining a 99.999% uptime through capacity planning & virtualization while maintaining a secure and compliant nationwide 7x24x365 environment.
John is a US Army veteran. He is revered by his peers as an expert in designing and ensuring the security, compliance and accuracy for cloud architectures, server technologies and communication technologies. The passion and experience he brings to GoldSky Security’s public and private sector clients is invaluable.
GoldSky Security and S-RM One of the largest risk and intelligence platforms, S-RM, comprises over 300 advisors and experts equipped to help businesses build and maintain cybersecurity resilience. GoldSky Security has partnered with S-RM to adequately respond to information security threats and deliver the best-in-class security solutions for small to midsize businesses. Organizations around the
Cybersecurity Awareness – By Ron Frechette, The Cyber Coach Last month we shared how the adoption of remote workforces are becoming the “new normal” due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This cataclysmic shift in the way the world now “goes to work” has the federal government and cybersecurity thought leaders deeply concerned about a significant rise in
Join Ron Frechette & John Rodriguez from GoldSky Security as they provide a briefing on the current status of CMMC, the expected rollout, and what your organization should do to begin preparations. GoldSky will offer a 45 minute presentation and then answer questions about the expected requirements of the certification.