Robert D. Martin, Ph.DSouthwest Practice Director
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ – 2007 – Masters Business Admin
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- 1998 – Ph.D. in Physics
- 1992 MS in Physics
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO – 1991 BA in Physics
areas of concentration
- PCI DSS Compliance Advisory
- Payments Security
- Cryptography in Payments
- Cryptographic Modernization
- Key Injection Facility Management
- PCI PIN & PCI P2PE Evangelist
- Policy & Procedure Development
- PCI DSS Readiness Assessment
- POS Application R&D
areas of expertise
- Cryptographic protocols
- PCI standards and compliance, communications security
- Mobile Communications
- C/C++, Python, Perl
- Scripting languages
- TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Embedded Systems
- Software development lifecycle
Rob serves as a Principal Security Consultant for GoldSky Security. His security and compliance expertise spans over 18 years in security and payments. Rob has merged his understanding of security, the payments industry, and technology to lead security, global application development, and project/program management organizations.
Prior to becoming a security consultant, Rob served as the Chief Technology Officer and Regional Security Officer for Ingenico Group in North America. In that and prior roles, he focused on bringing forward solutions which support the business needs of clients while increasing the security level for card-present transactions at the point of acceptance. Some of his major accomplishments included:
- Productized Ingenico On Guard P2PE solution for sale to payment processors and gateways.
- Increased adoption of Ingenico On Guard P2PE solution at the host level from one customer to over 10 payments processors and gateways, including four major payments processors. This
- led increased terminal usage of On Guard from essentially zero to hundreds of thousands of terminals deployed in retail, hospitality, healthcare, and institutional locations.
- Drove revenue for security solutions from essentially zero to in excess of $500,000 per annum.
- Evangelist for Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) and the use of P2PE solutions validated under
- the PCI P2PE program.
- Drove component validation under the PCI P2PE program of the Ingenico US key injection
- facilities and Ingenico retail terminal applications.
- Productized Ingenico Offline Remote Key Injection solution.
- Oversight of Ingenico US key injection facilities security and compliance to PCI PIN and X9.24-1/TR-39 standards.
- Provide consulting to clients regarding security and PCI compliance issues.
Rob is currently the co-chair of the Payments working group for Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG) and has been an active participant in the cryptography and key management groups with ASC X9.
GoldSky Security and S-RM One of the largest risk and intelligence platforms, S-RM, comprises over 300 advisors and experts equipped to help businesses build and maintain cybersecurity resilience. GoldSky Security has partnered with S-RM to adequately respond to information security threats and deliver the best-in-class security solutions for small to midsize businesses. Organizations around the
Cybersecurity Awareness – By Ron Frechette, The Cyber Coach Last month we shared how the adoption of remote workforces are becoming the “new normal” due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This cataclysmic shift in the way the world now “goes to work” has the federal government and cybersecurity thought leaders deeply concerned about a significant rise in
Join Ron Frechette & John Rodriguez from GoldSky Security as they provide a briefing on the current status of CMMC, the expected rollout, and what your organization should do to begin preparations. GoldSky will offer a 45 minute presentation and then answer questions about the expected requirements of the certification.