Rudy Silva, CISSP, CCSFPSoutheast Practice Director
- St. Petersburg College – Technology Management
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification Number: H046-0770
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt CSSGB – American Society for Quality (ASQ)
areas of concentration
- Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, NIST)
- Enterprise Security Infrastructure
- InfoSec Policy & Procedure Dev.
- Cloud & Mobile Security
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Endpoint & Application Security
- Emerging Technologies
- IT Leadership & Mentoring
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Cloud Architecture
- Network & Firewall / VOIP
- Active Directory
- Exchange & O365 Virtualization
- SQL Database Management
- Change Management
- American Society for Quality – Active Member
- ISACA Middle TN Chapter – Active Member
- HIMSS – Active Member
Rudy serves as the SE Practice Director and Principal Security Consultant for GoldSky Security. His technology, security and compliance expertise spans over 19 years of success leveraging technology and leadership best practices in the design and operation of secure enterprise IT initiatives. Rudy is described by his peers as an insightful technical authority, critical thinker, and problem solver who identifies technical infrastructure and organizational opportunities to improve availability, security, and efficiency of systems.
Prior to joining GoldSky, Rudy served as AVP of Technical Services at Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). In that role, he managed a team of 5 direct and 49 indirect reports that led the overall operational strategy development and execution of the Physician Services Group and Urgent Care business lines with a specific focus on enhancing technology and security operations for HCA.
Some of Rudy’s major accomplishments included:
- Spearheaded the restructuring of HCAs IT Acquisitions Program.
- Developed a business case and program to bring VPN technology into the enterprise network – Allowing for faster and more secure delivery of connectivity to new physical locations.
- Directed a complete IT transformation & integration of a 35+ provider, 200+ staff cardiology group.
- Led the implementation of the eClinicalWorks EHR, Lab and Clearinghouse integration, automated patient appointment reminders / scheduling in a secure and compliant manner.
- Led the selection and implementation of enterprise PACS/Structured reporting system to supplement or replace over 80 disparate systems enterprise-wide. Lowered risk by decreasing footprint/exposure as well as increasing availability and disaster recovery of data.
- Strategically defined, developed and executed comprehensive technical solutions to support technology, security, compliance and business needs that improved the daily efforts of HCA’s providers and their staff.
Rudy’s combined enterprise technology, security, and compliance experience have made him an invaluable resource to the small-midsize businesses that GoldSky Security exists to serve.
Ever wondered what the top 4 ‘horsemen’ are, which exposes small and medium-sized enterprises to 90% of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and successful attacks? Read further to learn more, including actionable countermeasures that are customizable for any organization. Cybersecurity influences the day-to-day business decisions of many organizations in today’s digital age. It is a widely-known fact
Innovation in medical technology has helped solved critical pain-points, such as automation of processes and procedures with precision, improving patient recovery rates, and elevating the overall living standards of billions of people. A good example is the increased ease of access to medical history and the deployment of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) tools to help healthcare
And how GoldSky cyber security can help fill in security gaps Healthcare practices struggle with privacy and cyber security. If you’re in the industry, this isn’t news to you, but it is nonetheless a statement of fact. The unfortunate reality is that healthcare experiences twice as many cyberattacks as other industries, and still lags behind